Vitalik Buterin, co-founder of Ethereum, is advising node operators to update their clients ahead of the Bellatrix “hard fork,” scheduled for September 6.
The planned upgrade, according to Vitalik Buterin, will be the last one to get the Beacon Chain, a proof-of-stake (PoS) chain, ready for the Merge.
The program that enables Ethereum nodes to read blocks from the blockchain and smart contracts is known as an Ethereum client. A “node” is a client program that is currently active. One must first download an Ethereum client program in order to operate a node. Different Ethereum client software with varying coding languages and code bases can run nodes.
Ethereum node operators must update their consensus layer clients before epoch 144896 on the Beacon Chain in order to comply with the Bellatrix upgrade. It is planned for the upgrade to happen at 11:34:47 UTC. This final important change prior to the Merge consolidates the PoS chain with the present execution layer.
26.5% of node operators had not updated their clients when the Bellatrix upgrade was performed, leaving 73.5% of all node operators Merge ready. A non-updated client would sync to the pre-fork blockchain, the Ethereum foundation warned.
Tim Beiko also encouraged node operators to update their clients – Vitalik Buterin
Following the Bellatrix upgrade, there will be an official event named the “Paris Upgrade” between September 13 and 15. The Merge will occur when Terminal Total Difficulty (TTD) reaches 5875, at which point a Beacon Chain validator will create the following block, officially ushering in Ethereum’s PoS era.
The second of Ethereum’s three transition phases would be finished with the eagerly anticipated transition. Ethereum wants to become more scalable and energy-efficient by switching to PoS. The Merge won’t affect the gas fee or scalability, though. When the last phase is finished, which is projected to be in late 2023, those functionalities will be available.
The price of Ether (ETH) has risen over the past day in a bullish trend and is currently trading at $1,662. On the 24-hour chart, the second-largest cryptocurrency outpaced Bitcoin (BTC), registering a rise of 6.41% compared to 1.4% for BTC. With the Merge less than a week away, the price of ETH has also developed a weekly momentum, recording a weekly increase of 7%.
DISCLAIMER: The Information on this website is provided as general market commentary and does not constitute investment advice. We encourage you to do your own research before investing.
Join CoinCu Telegram to keep track of news: https://t.me/coincunews