What is Animoca Brands?
Animoca Brands is an investment fund specializing in NFT, Gaming, and Metaverse. The fund’s headquarters are in Hong Kong, but there are still many subsidiaries and offices in other countries such as the United States, Finland, Korea, Canada, Argentina, Germany, and Australia,… In addition to the investment, Animoca Brands has projects, one of which is The Sandbox, the “giant” name in trend Metaverse.
Although born around 2014, this fund were known only at the peak of the epidemic, causing the world economy to collapse. In addition, the trend Metaverse followed later also helped the fund’s name to fly high due to each investment in projects with the right trend.
Featured members of Animoca Brands
Yat Siu is the Co-founder of Animoca Brands:
- Young Entrepreneur at the DHL/SCMP Business Awards Hong Kong 2009.
- Established Cybercity, which is considered Asia’s first free e-mail and website provider.
Evan Auyang is the Group President of Animoca Brands:
- Formerly chief executive officer and director of GLG International, the platform is dedicated to supporting its business’s technology, operations, and development spanning Europe, the Middle East, Africa & Asia-Pacific.
- Advisor to the Our HongKong Foundation.
The Metaverse project was born long ago, with tremendous growth in 2021. The Sandbox has two call loops:
- Strategic (8/2020): Unknown investor
- Series B (11/2021): Softbank, Animoca Brands,…
Axie Infinity is the title that started the Play to Earn movement, helping many people earn money during the epidemic season. Axie experienced remarkable growth in 2021 as the epidemic went on. The development team behind Axie Infinity is Sky Mavis, which has two funding rounds:
- Series A (5/2021): Animoca Brands, CoinGecko, Hashed,…
- Series B (10/2021): a16z, FTX, Paradigm,…
Yield Guild Game
Yield Guild Game is the first guild in the Gaming class and the largest guild at the moment. Yield Guild Game has three funding rounds:
- Seed (3/2021): Animoca Brands, Delphi Digital,…
- Series A (6/2021): Animoca Brands, Parafi, IDEO Colab,…
- Unknown (8/2021): a16z.
Star Atlas is a Metaverse space-based game focusing on planets and spaceships. In the game, players will put themselves on one of three sides and fight for resources, occupy the territory, and dominate the game.
Star Atlas has two funding rounds:
- Seed (1/2021): Serum, Moonwhale.
- (6/2021): Petrock Capital.
DISCLAIMER: The Information on this website is provided as general market commentary and does not constitute investment advice. We encourage you to do your own research before investing.
Join CoinCu Telegram to keep track of news: https://t.me/coincunews