Crypto Market Highlights: General News
- Prada fashion empire issues NFT on Ethereum. According to a source from Prada, on June 2, the fashion brand will be launching 100 Ethereum NFTs along with the latest release of Timecapsule skins in collaboration with Cassius Hirst, son of artist Damien Hirst. Customers will receive a free airdrop of 1 NFT when purchasing products. The new collection includes Prada x Cassius Hirst unisex button-down shirts in black or white. Included are the NFTs in the form of GIFs with black or white pill shapes, respectively. Each NFT will be represented by a distinct serial number.
- India will complete its crypto consultation paper with the IMF and the World Bank. Ajay Seth, India’s Economic Affairs Secretary, said on Monday that a consultation document on cryptocurrency is nearing completion and would be presented to the federal government. While the paper’s specific contents were not revealed, Seth stated that his country will likely attempt to enhance India’s commitment to “some sort of global regulations” on cryptocurrency, according to Asian News International.
- The number of wallet addresses holding between 100 to 1,000 Bitcoin is now rising. Santiment, a crypto analytics business, stated last week that the number of addresses holding 100 to 1,000 BTC is increasing. According to Santiment, the number of Bitcoin whale addresses has increased from a low in January of this year.
- Hong Kong holds Asia’s largest NFT exhibition on June 3. The exhibition will be held at Central Harbourfront. More than 100 exhibitors will participate in the event, including blockchain and gamification giant Animoca Brands, Taiwanese NFT project Alpacadabraz and RAZE – a provider of the NFT Fi platform.
- Qatar hosts first FIFA Metaverse game tournament. FIFA Metaverse was first held in the Middle East for fans around the globe to watch top FIFA players compete for the EA Sports FIFA 22 Champions Cup. This tournament will occur at the Aspire Women’s Sports House in Doha and see 16 players battle for different prizes. Of the 16 players, 12 will play top EA Sports FIFA 22, and 4 are from the MENA region. Four MENA players have qualified online and have a chance to experience what it’s like to compete against experts.
- Singapore will investigate digital asset tokenization on public chains. The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) has launched Project Guardian, a blockchain-based digital assets trial that will employ tokenization. It will involve MAS investigating decentralized finance (DeFi) applications in wholesale funding markets by creating a liquidity pool of tokenized bonds and deposits to execute borrowing and lending on a public blockchain-based network.
DISCLAIMER: The Information on this website is provided as general market commentary and does not constitute investment advice. We encourage you to do your own research before investing.
Join CoinCu Telegram to keep track of news: https://t.me/coincunews
crypto market crypto market crypto market crypto market crypto market crypto market crypto market