Crypto Market Highlights: General News
- Many Fan tokens climbed the mountain on May 18, marking an increase of 40% or more. The biggest impetus for this breakthrough comes from new developments from Chiliz, the “backbone” project of Socios – the leading fan token issuance platform today. On May 17, Chiliz revealed the launch of Jalapeno, phase 2 of the Scoville testnet, as part of the broader launch of the Chiliz mainnet.
- The Crystal Bay Group has announced that certain persons impersonating as the Chairman of the Crystal Bay Group have created the Nha Trang Travel Coin cryptocurrency, which has signs of fraud and property appropriation. The website https://ntcgroup.io, in particular, provides a lot of information on the Nha Trang Travel coin, which customers may use to rent a room or utilize the Group’s travel services after purchasing.
- Crypto.com has announced that Shopify merchants will be able to use their payment solution, Crypto.com Pay, on their websites. To encourage Shopify merchants to sign up for Crypto.com Pay, the crypto platform has announced that the 0.5% settlement fee on all transactions would be waived for the first month following integration. This promotion will be available in stores through June 30th.
- American actor and comedian Seth Green lost 4 Bored Ape NFTs worth more than $300,000. Bored Ape Yacht Club, Mutant Ape Yacht Club, and Doodles were among the stolen artworks from popular, high-value NFT collections. The hackers immediately sold the digital artwork. The Bored Ape was sold for more than $200,000 and the Mutant Ape for $42,000.
- Pantera Capital, one of the backers of Terraform Labs, withdrew nearly 80% of its investment in Terra (LUNA) before TerraUSD (UST) collapsed last week. Pantera Capital-backed Terraform Labs at least twice, first with a $25 million round in January 2021 and again with a $150 million ecosystem fund round in July 2021. Pantera Capital was fortunate enough to make a significant profit despite the fact that he was one of many “sharks” that invested in faltering Terraform. Pantera Capital partner Paul Veradittakit stated that the company grew from $1.7 million to $ 170 million.
- Terraform Labs has reportedly been ordered to pay 100 billion won or $78 million in taxes by South Korea’s National Tax Service. The authorities found that Terraform Labs sent LUNA from its Singapore-established entity to the Luna Financial Guard (LFG) and determined that the transfer was done to avoid taxes. An additional tax can also be imposed on the Bitcoin BTCUSD acquired and sold by the LFG.
- Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) has raised a $600 million fund to invest in games. Andreessen Horowitz claims to have been investing in video games for more than a decade, but with a new fund called “Games Fund One,” it plans to use the $600 million to build “the future of gaming.” The venture capital firm will create a subdivision to fully manage game investment and Games Fund One, named a16z Games.
DISCLAIMER: The Information on this website is provided as general market commentary and does not constitute investment advice. We encourage you to do your own research before investing.
Join CoinCu Telegram to keep track of news: https://t.me/coincunews
crypto market crypto market crypto market crypto market crypto market crypto market crypto market