Crypto Market Highlights: General News
- After earning $290 million in sales in only four days, the Moonbirds NFT collection has climbed to the top of the trading volume rankings. There are a total of 10,000 owl avatar NFTs available, which were quickly sold out on April 16 for 2.5 ETH each, or $7,700 at current pricing. On secondary markets, the floor price has skyrocketed, with OpenSea now showing a whopping 18.45 ETH ($56,800).
- Elon Musk stated that if he is successful in acquiring Twitter, he will pay all board members $0. Musk has conducted a filled $43 billion hostile takeover bid to gain control of the whole Twitter company. After that, Twitter’s board of directors took a “poison pill” aimed to prevent Elon Musk from completing his purchase. If Musk’s bid is accepted, the pill, technically known as a limited duration shareholder rights plan, will allow current Twitter shareholders to acquire the shares at a reduced rate. And it’s not beneficial for Musk’s side.
- The Cboe equities trading platform will publish Australia’s first Bitcoin ETF next week, serving as the country’s first big test of widespread client demand for cryptocurrencies. The clearinghouse that regulates access to the country’s equity capital markets would give the green light for the country’s first Bitcoin ETF after a sufficient number of market players agree to rigorous margin limitations.
- The US Air Force has decided to build its own metaverse. According to a tweet sent out on April 19 by non-fungible tokens (NFTs) and metaverse trademark attorney Michael Kondoudis, the United States Air Force (USAF) has submitted a trademark application for a “secure digital metaverse” called SPACEVERSE. The SPACEVERSE is described as “a secure digital metaverse that converges terrestrial and space physical and digital realities and provides synthetic and simulated extended-reality (XR) training, testing, and operations environments” in an application filed with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) on April 14, 2022.
- Porsche Towson, Baltimore’s sole private Porsche facility, has joined with crypto payment processor BitPay to accept digital assets. Notably, the dealership, which sells new and used cars, now accepts Dogecoin and Shiba Inu, two of the most popular meme coins, in addition to more traditional cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin.
- Phantom, one of the most popular Solana wallets, has announced the debut of its Android app. This means its users now can send, receive, swap, stake, earn, and store crypto and NFTs from anywhere using an Android phone. Its new features around NFTs might go live in the next few months, following the introduction of the wallet app on both iOS and Android.
- Blockchain.com is interviewing banks for an initial public offering that may happen as soon as this year. The people, who asked not to be identified because the negotiations were private, said that an IPO might not happen until next year and that the company’s plans could change. The company’s spokesman declined to respond. The IPO may not take place until 2023, and the company’s intentions may change, according to the newspaper, which cited people familiar with the situation.
- Prominent analyst Root stated that there is “no real reason” for a massive Bitcoin sell-off. “With the HODL Army growing it’s allowing us to make new ATH’s (69k top) without barely any short-term holder’s in the market,” Root explained. “Since we didn’t reach prices above 100K, which so many expected, many still believe this will eventually happen and might therefore hold on to their coins.”
- The Sandbox is purportedly gathering $400 million from new and existing investors at a valuation of $4 billion. the round is still being considered, and parameters such as the size and valuation could vary depending on market mood and investor interest. The announcement comes less than six months after SoftBank’s Vision Fund 2 led a $93 million Series B financing for the platform.
DISCLAIMER: The Information on this website is provided as general market commentary and does not constitute investment advice. We encourage you to do your own research before investing.
Join CoinCu Telegram to keep track of news: https://t.me/coincunews
crypto market crypto market crypto market crypto market crypto market crypto market crypto market crypto market