Axie Infinity is a Blockchain game (NFT Gaming) built on Loom Network. In the game, players will collect and nurture imaginary creatures called Axies. Similar to when playing Pokémon GO, you can do quests to collect Axies, team up to fight, and buy & sell Axies with other players.
What is Axie Infinity?
Axie Infinity is a game universe filled with fascinating creatures, Axies, that players can collect as pets. Players aim to battle, breed, collect, raise, and build kingdoms for their Axies. The universe has a player-owned economy where players can truly own, buy, sell, and trade resources they earn in the game through skilled gameplay and contributions to the ecosystem.
There are and will be many varied game experiences for Axies. Many of them will have players compete with each other using complex strategies and tactics to attain top rankings or be rewarded with coveted resources. Others will have them complete quests, defeat bosses, and unlock in-depth storylines.
There are countless unique Axies that players can collect with varying body parts and appearances. Body parts will unlock abilities for Axies that vary across games, they will have completely different values, benefits, and skills from one game to another. Body parts also have their own unique card art for players to collect.
What is the project trying to achieve?
The goal with Axie Infinity Shards is to align the incentives between the players of the game and the developers in novel and exciting ways. The mechanisms described above have two main goals:
- To reward players for interacting with Axie Infinity while simultaneously incentivizing them to hold on to their tokens so they can claim additional rewards.
- To decentralize the ownership and governance of Axie Infinity.
Want Axie to become the first game truly owned and operated by the community that plays it. This opens up limitless possibilities but must be approached carefully. In the past, projects have been abandoned and become stagnant using the term “decentralization” as a ruse. The shift to a true Decentralized organization will occur gradually over time.
Here to create an ecosystem of amazing Axie gaming experiences with community and player-owned economies as foundational pillars.
Axie is a digital nation where people globally come together with their Axies to play, earn, and live.
What is unique selling point?
A key difference between Axie and a traditional game is that Blockchain economic design unlocks the ability to have complex player-owned economies and rewards players who are able to reach advanced levels of skill. Players are able to have fun and work towards ambitious goals while simultaneously earning potential resources that will have real monetary value due to an open economic system and demand from other players – “Play-and-Earn”.
- Currently, players can gain more resources to advance in the game by taking actions such as:
- Competing in Battles to win leaderboard prizes as well as Smooth Love Potions (SLP)
- Breeding Axies to produce new ones with particular Body Part combinations
- Collecting and speculating on rare Axies such as Mystics and Origins
Axie Infinity is structured as an open-ended digital pet universe. Axie NFT assets can be seen as tickets that grant access to all current and future experiences build on top of the Axie IP. In this way, Axies serve as a base layer for a world of infinite experiences.
The Axie Infinity core team will build functionality for the game assets associated with the Axie brand in concurrence with the community. The Axie universe must be fun above all else; only by having an immersive gaming experience can the ecosystem attract enough participants to accrue value to the network.
Axie Infinity is a bleeding-edge game that’s incorporating unfinished, risky, and highly experimental technology.
- Q1 2020: Land and Items migrated to Ronin
- Q2 2021: Axies migrated to Ronin
- Q2 2021: Axie: Origin Alpha
- Q3 2021: $AXS staking
- 2022: Land Gameplay Community Alpha
- 2022: $AXS ecosystem begins: Governance; Play to Earn; Mainstream release of Axie Infinity on iOS/Android
- 2022: Land gameplay
- 2022: Lunacia SDK Alpha
The endgame is to create a single application that players can use to interact with the entire Axie Infinity universe:
- Social network
- Progression of Axies (Leveling, achievements)
- Breeding Game
- PvP with ladder and tournaments
- PvE / Adventure mode
- Land Gameplay
- Players expand their kingdom, harvest resources, and attack Chimeras and other players.
- Lunacia SDK – Allowing developers and creators to make games using existing Axie Infinity assets and hosting them on land.
Axie Infinity Shards(AXS) are an ERC-20 governance token for the Axie Universe. AXS holders will be able to claim rewards if they stake their tokens, play the game, and participate in key governance votes. Players will also be able to earn $AXS when they play various games within the Axie Infinity Universe and through user-generated content initiatives.
- Token Name: Axie Infinity
- Ticker: AXS
- Blockchain: Ethereum
- Token Standard: ERC-20
- Contract: 0xf5d669627376ebd411e34b98f19c868c8aba5ada
- Token type: Governance, Utility
- Total Supply: 270,000,000
- Circulating Supply: Updating…
Token Release Schedule
AXS will be unlocked in a pre-determined schedule which lasts for 65 months from the public sale. The initial circulating supply is set to 59,985,000 AXS – 22.22% of the total supply.
The above chart illustrates the maximum possible issuance of AXS over the coming years, and the total supply will never exceed 270,000,000
More information at: CLICK HERE
Token use cases
How to own the token?
Markets and Community
With the popularity of games in today’s world, it is not just the game development companies that are getting all the financial benefits. But, gamers are also playing a bigger role in it. There are even young gamers that make millions of money by playing games online.
Axie Infinity has crossed the mark of 958,000 Followers on Twitter
Axie Infinity is being developed by Sky Mavis which is a technology-focused game studio founded in early 2018.
The team consists of 40 full-time employees and has its headquarters in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. The founding team consists of the following individuals:
- Trung Thanh Nguyen – CEO: Trung is involved in all key decisions from product to marketing and leads the company in Vietnam.
- Aleksander Leonard Larsen – COO: Aleksander is responsible for all things business-related in Axie Infinity. He also serves on the board of directors in the Blockchain Game Alliance and holds the secretary position.
- Tu Doan – Art Director and Game Designer: Tu runs the art team in Vietnam and designed the original Axies. He is responsible for the art direction and many game design concepts.
- Andy Ho – CTO: Andy leads the engineering team and is responsible for technology strategy and engineering operations.
- Jeffrey Zirlin – Growth Lead: Jeff AKA “Jihoz” is responsible for the growth and community development. He also spearheads token design and works closely with the product team.
All art assets and Axie Infinity genetic data can be easily accessed by 3rd parties, allowing community developers to build their own tools and experiences in the Axie Infinity universe. While still in early access, Axie Infinity has ranked the #1 Ethereum game by daily, weekly, and monthly active users. Players have spent over 1M ETH (3B+ USD) so far to progress in the game.
While Axie Infinity is a fun game, it’s also taken on characteristics of a social network and earning platform due to the strong community and opportunity to truly own resources earned within the games.
Find more information about Axie Infinity:
If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or ideas about the project, please email [email protected].
DISCLAIMER: The Information on this website is provided as general market commentary, and does not constitute investment advice. We encourage you to do your own research before investing.