What is Ascenders ($AGC)?
Ascenders is a sci-fi, open-world action role-playing game powered by Avalanche, which has a completely decentralized, player-driven economy that players can participate in. Players will be able to freely explore new dungeons and discover resources in the distant overworld — Ascension. Ascenders combine a “Zelda: Breath of the Wild” overworld with an “Eve: Online” MMO economy.
- Open Exploration: Players can freely explore Ascenders’ open-world to discover new lands, undiscovered dungeons, and rare resources.
- Dungeon Clearing: The dungeons that infest the land are filled with enemies, and need clearing out before it is safe enough for the community to begin construction. Combat will put players to the test in return for rich rewards — perhaps even land!
- City-Building: Buildings can be built on owned lands. Silos and refineries improve productivity, Armorsmiths and stables enable players to craft new items, hospitals and shops provide services, Guildhalls create community. There are a very wide variety of structures to choose from, but limited space to build. Players must observe the market, and choose what to build wisely.
- Decentralized Economy: Players have full control over supply and demand. Players find and trade resources from around the overworld, used by players to craft new items. All items are player minted and player distributed, with player-designed specializations.
What is Ascenders trying to achieve?
Building the first really AAA crypto game:
- The team is working on an ARPG with AAA-level scale, visuals, and quality. They are constructing it on the foundation of a novel, completely decentralized, crypto-powered economy.
- They are pushing the frontiers of what is possible in both blockchain technology and game design in order to realize the full gaming potential of cryptocurrency.
- The goal is to demonstrate the feasibility of cryptocurrency in mainstream gaming and to advance the field of crypto gaming as a whole. It aims to change the video game business and usher in a new era of gaming innovation.
What is the unique selling point?
The overworld is AAA-quality, with lush terrain and much to discover and explore. This means that each zone has its own set of challenges and dungeons. Some landscapes are recognizable, while others are strange and ethereal. Exploration pays, but trading is vital. The world is dynamic, with new terrains appearing over time, and periodic global events bringing fresh tales and challenges.
A Metaverse Economy
A range of economic “lanes” are available for players to select from while participating in the economy, enabling them the freedom and flexibility to pursue their interests, whether they are fighting or exploring, or constructing. Each ‘lane’ has its own play-to-earn loop — as well as its own set of rewards and obstacles to overcome. The combination of various lanes results in a dynamic, long-lasting economy in which participants from a broad variety of backgrounds can feel equal in importance.
Building on Subnet
As a result of Avalanche, we are certain that thousands of players can play our game and perform transactions with sub-second finality and no concerns about high gas costs. To construct a game with a sophisticated economy on an Avalanche subnet, we have the ability to build our own game execution environment and define our own gas fee structure.
Variety of token types
- Glow Gems: An in-game currency that may be used for building construction, item minting, making upgrades, purchasing stuff from markets, and so forth.. Uncapped Supply.
- Ascenders Governance Council ($AGC): The token of participation in voting on major game direction choices used by players in governance. Staking is rewarded and the supply is limited.
- Land Parcel: each of the Ascenders’ virtual lands has its own layout, terrain, and resource composition. Building shops, armorsmiths, refineries, hospitals, guildhalls, and a variety of other structures is one of the primary purposes for which players purchase Land Parcels. Each Land Parcel is a non-fungible token.
- Game Items: NFT tokens generated by players when crafting resources. These NFTs can be upgraded and traded.
Market and Community
- CEO Jackson Poon is a serial entrepreneur, qualified lawyer, and longtime crypto investor. He is a co-founder of Paramount Capital, with previous positions in Morrison & Foerster and Spartan Capital.
- Head of Global Development Will Davis is a 35-year game dev veteran, with director positions at both Ubisoft & EA. He has delivered over 200 games, including notable titles such as Ghost Recon, Aliens vs Predator, GRiD, DiRT, & Driver.
- Design Director Chris Rothwell has over 20 years of experience shipping award-winning AAA games. You may know him from genre-defining titles such as the Grand Theft Auto series — including being one of the four designers on GTA3, and the lead on GTA: San Andreas. Chris also lectures on International Games Design & Architecture at the Breda University of Applied Sciences.
Players in Ascenders can choose their favorite economic lanes at any time. Each lane features its own play-to-earn loop and rewards system, creating long-term interdependencies and encouraging trade. All weapons, avatars, and land generated or gained in-game will be freely tradeable NFTs.
Find more information:
If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or ideas about the project, please email [email protected].
DISCLAIMER: The Information on this website is provided as general market commentary, and does not constitute investment advice. We encourage you to do your own research before investing.