Crypto Market Highlights: Investment News
- As Bloomberg reports, security concerns are what is driving institutional investors back to investing in cryptocurrencies and digital assets. 79% of respondents consider custody to be the most important factor when considering investing in the sector. Commissioned by Nickel Digital Asset Management, the report features interviews with 50 asset managers and 50 institutional investors – who collectively manage approximately $ 108.4 billion – in the US, UK, Germany, France and the United Arab Emirates.
- Legendary hedge fund manager Ray Dalio said in an interview with The Investors Podcast that he agrees with billionaire Bill Miller’s suggestion that 1% to 2% is the correct allocation for Bitcoin (BTC). Miller has suggested that “1% to 2% of your portfolio should go into Bitcoin, then you should be fine when it goes bad. If it works really well, as I believe it will work for the next 10 years, you’ll be glad you got it. “
- Money transfer company MoneyGram International (MGI) has made a strategic minority stake in the Coinme cryptocurrency exchange, giving it a 4% stake. The deal will complete Coinme’s Series A funding round and help support international expansion along with other growth plans.
- Bank of America (BofA) analyst Jason Kupferberg downgraded Western Union from Buy to underperformance on structural concerns related to competition from all-digital remittance providers and the potential disruptive threat from newer technologies, Benzinga reported.
- CryptoSlam, a data aggregator in the NFT industry, has closed a $ 9 million financing round led by venture capital firm Animoca Brands. The new funds will be used for “active” recruiting to expand the platform to support new and existing blockchains and to bring a range of new products to market.
- The digital asset bank and trading platform Sygnum raised $ 90 million in an 800 million dollar financing round. The company intends to use the proceeds to develop new services, including profitable products and wealth management solutions for institutional clients.
- Middleware Protocol for Infrastructure Pocket Network has completed a $ 10 million strategic round led by Republic Capital, RockTree Capital, Arrington Capital and C² Ventures.
- CryptoWire, a specialty business unit (SBU) of crypto statistics provider TickerPlant, has launched India’s first crypto index IC15, which will track 15 leading cryptocurrencies according to India Today.
- Tribal, a B2B financing and payment platform for emerging markets, claims to have taken on a new $ 40 million debt round. “This is one of the first hybrid debt rounds that combines both fiat and stablecoins,” said Amr Shady, CEO of Tribal. The round, funded by Partners for Growth and the Stellar Development Foundation, aims to help Tribal expand its small and medium-sized business (SMB) financial services and payments to new countries in Latin America, the company added.
Crypto Market Highlights: Tax News
An official from Thailand’s Treasury Department stated that profits from trading cryptocurrencies are now subject to a 15% capital gains tax, the Bangkok Post reported. The department recommends investors determine their cryptocurrency income when paying taxes this year to avoid penalties.
Crypto Market Highlights: New Product and Service News
The Central Bank of Bahrain announced the completion of a study with Onyx of the JPM Coin System of the banking giant JPMorgan, which enables the Bahrain Aluminum Smelter (ALBA) to initiate real-time payments for US partners.
The main user request from Airbnb CEO Brian Chesky is to enable crypto payments on the platform. Although he didn’t specifically state that the platform will integrate cryptocurrencies, he said they are “working on some” of the products requested and are “now looking for others.”
Crypto Market Highlights: NFT’s News
The Australian Open will issue a collection of 6,776 non-fungible tokens (NFTs), which correspond to small tiles on the surface of a tennis court, along with a virtual event for competition on the metaverse Decentraland platform. Each winning shot from the 600 games in the tournament corresponds to one of the NFTs in the collection.
Crypto Market Highlights: DeFi News
The web browser Opera has announced a partnership with the decentralized internet company dWeb Foundation in the integration of the decentralized blockchain domain name system Handshake (HNS). The integration will take effect in the first half of 2022.
Crypto Market Highlights: Gaming News
The esports organization Team Vitality and the blockchain project Tezos (XTZ) have announced a partnership in which Team Vitality teams will represent the Tezos brand in esports and gaming. On the other hand, Tezos will educate fans about the advantages of blockchain as part of the gaming experience and showcase the advances in these technologies.
Crypto Market Highlights: Mining News
Hut 8 Mining says they mined 276 BTC in December 2021 and their total BTC reserves were 5,518 as of December 31, 2021, up 97% from the end of last year. Additionally, they increased their overall hash rate by 125% compared to December 2020.
Core Scientific announced that they mined 1,044 BTC in December, 2,498 BTC in the fourth quarter and 5,769 BTC for the full year, up 313%, 235% and 350% year over year respectively. At the end of 2021, it operated a fleet of around 67,000 miners on its own account, which corresponds to 6.6 Exahash (EH / s) and a further 100,000 ASICs for delivery in 2022.
Crypto Market Highlights: Scam News
Arbix Finance, a vetted profit farming platform, has been labeled “carpet” by crypto security firm CertiK for deleting its website, Twitter and Telegram channels and transferring $ 10 million in electronically deposited funds.
Join our Facebook group and Telegram group Coincu News to chat with more than 10,000 other people and share information about the crypto currency market.
Important NOTE: All content on the website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice in any way. Your money, the choice is yours.