Crypto gift plans, Bitcoin to baseball, SEC vs. BlockFi and many highlights of the crypto market put together over the past 24 hours
Crypto Market Highlights: Investment News
Ethereum (ETH) software company ConsenSys announced that it has raised $ 200 million, bringing the company’s valuation to $ 3.2 billion. The funding will support the expansion of MetaMask and Infura products and the addition of 400 new roles in its products and services.
Ethereum scaling solutions company StarkWare has bundled a Sequoia Capital-led Series C valued at $ 50 million and valued at $ 2 billion.
The Ethereum Foundation says it is allocating $ 1 million in grants to government educational institutions and policymakers for Ethereum and blockchain technology. The foundation awards grants totaling $ 500,000 to three of these organizations: Coin Center, Electronic Frontier Foundation, and Fight for the Future. They are also providing a $ 500,000 grant to the Gitcoin matching team for their upcoming round of campaigns.
Highlights of the crypto market: News about new products and services
- A Crypto.com survey of 2,020 Australians aged 18 to 59 who had been exposed to crypto in the past 12 months found that around 26% would like to buy gifts with an emphasis on crypto during this holiday season. More than half of respondents would consider buying actual cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) as gifts.
- Australian Baseball League baseball team, Perth Heat, says it will be the first professional sports club to sponsor its players and employees to pay its players and employees through a sponsorship deal. Heat will allow them to accept BTC as compensation or a combination of crypto and traditional payments, but will not have to pay in Bitcoin.
- Synonym Software, dedicated to bringing new utilities and user experiences to Bitcoin and Lightning Network, has announced its launch. By combining the speed and efficiency of the Lightning Network with an architecturally-defined ecosystem of open P2P (peer-to-peer) platforms and applications, Synonym aims to accelerate Bitcoin’s ability to function as an independent, self-regulating economy.
- Brave Browser introduced an integrated crypto wallet in its latest update. The wallet makes it possible to buy tokens through Wyre, track portfolio performance, exchange multiple tokens and store non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
- Cloud computing blockchain network Cudos has announced a partnership with agro-tech company Tingo to fight poverty through mobile monetization apps. They say the partnership aims to enable the creation of a distributed Nigerian cloud that is run by Nigerians and that pays Nigerians.
Crypto Market Highlights: Stock Market News
Changpeng Zhao, CEO of Binance, said the exchange lost about 3% of its users after going through mandatory know-your-customer (KYC) procedures, according to Bloomberg. However, he said that compliance with the regulations would allow more users to choose an exchange, adding that most people would be more comfortable with a licensed exchange.
Crypto Market Highlights: Regulatory News
Cryptocurrency lender BlockFi is under review by the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) for its popular product, which pays customers high interest rates to borrow their digital tokens, Bloomberg reported. The SEC review focuses on whether BlockFi accounts are similar to securities that need to be registered with the regulator.
US Senator Ted Cruz has passed a law that repeals a “too broad and poorly designed provision” from the infrastructure package, which creates new reporting requirements for many participants in the blockchain industry. He also called the inquiries a “devastating attack” on the crypto industry.
Crypto Market Highlights: Crypto and Sports News
The Houston Rockets professional basketball team has announced a partnership with crypto firm NYDIG making it an official bitcoin service partner and platform. The grant is paid out in Bitcoin and the proceeds are held on NYDIG’s Bitcoin platform.
The Los Angeles Angels baseball player Shohei Ohtani has joined and is joining the FTX crypto exchange as global ambassador, reports CNN.
Crypto Market Highlights: Legal News
A US federal judge has allowed the US Department of Justice (DoJ) to liquidate approximately $ 56 million in proceeds from Glenn Arcaro, the main sponsor of the fraudulent crypto lending company BitConnect. The DoJ added that the liquidation marks the largest ever asset recovery related to a U.S. crypto fraud case.
Crypto Market Highlights: NFT’s News
Software development company focused on integrating non-fungible token APIs CXIP Labs has announced the launch of the CXIP DAO (Decentralized Autonomous Organization) with the aim of allowing developers to manage the future of the NFT market rather than the semi-central one to monitor market. His advisory boards include recording artist and entrepreneur Pharrell Williams and visual artist Jen Stark.
Director Quentin Tarantino is being sued by Miramax for copyright infringement after Tarantino announced plans to auction the NFT collection from the hit movie “Pulp Fiction,” according to the Wall Street Journal. The seven NFTs for sale are from various scenes that were cut from the finished film, which Miramax currently owns the rights to.
The Latvian airline airBaltic was the first airline to publish its NFT in the Metaverse. The airline has released a limited collector’s item NFT, which shows a single registered Airbus A220-300 as well as a work of art from the Latvian city of Kuldīga.
The decentralized housing market platform Bacon Protocol announced that it has created 4 home mortgages in the form of NFTs. After a loan is minted on the Bacon platform, it is sent to the homeowner who then makes payments to the Bacon protocol; This loan has no term, meaning homeowners can pay what they want: as little as the interest due or as much as they want with no penalty.
An unreleased track by Whitney Houston, which she recorded when she was 17, will be auctioned as NFT on the Quincy Jones platform, Yahoo reports. The auction for the song will begin on December 1st and the auction winner will be the only one with access to the audio recording along with a unique NFT video.
Crypto Market Highlights: DeFi News
Portal announces a strategic partnership with Polygon (MATIC) to improve BTC usability in the decentralized financial (DeFi) ecosystem. Polygon will operate a support node on its Decentralized Exchange (DEX) gateway to provide constant liquidity for atom swaps between BTC and POS-WBTC, WBTC and other assets.
DeversiFi, a Layer 2 dashboard with an Automated Market Maker (AMM), has announced that it will be on the 1st weekly. They will also roll out liquidity mining, adding 16 incentive pools to the platform that contain a mix of large blue-chip tokens, as well as stablecoin pairs and NFT and DeFi tokens.
Join our Facebook group and Telegram group Coincu News to chat with more than 10,000 other people and share information about the crypto currency market.
Important NOTE: All content on the website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice in any way. Your money, the choice is yours.