The US announce the National Cryptocurrency Enforcement Team, Pepsi CFO on Bitcoin, Institutional Metamask etc. are the highlights of the last 24 hours of crypto market news.
Crypto Market Highlights of the Last 24 Hours: Regulatory News
U.S. Assistant Attorney General Lisa Monaco announced the establishment of the National Cryptocurrency Enforcement Team, the goal of which is to “strengthen” the Department of Justice’s ability to disable permissive financial markets. Cybercrime is “developing,” Reuters reported. According to the report, the team will include a mix of anti-money laundering and cybersecurity experts.
The group of securities regulators IOSCO and the Bank for International Settlements (BIS) have stated that existing rules for important clearing, settlement and settlement services should also apply to stablecoins that “have a system” or are heavily used, according to Reuters. The rules mean that a stablecoin operator must create a legal entity that dictates how it is managed and manages operational risks such as cyberattacks.
Cryptocurrency Market Highlights Over the Last 24 Hours: News on New Products and Services
▶ Hugh Johnston, Vice President and CFO of PepsiCo, told CNBC that Bitcoin (BTC) was “still too volatile and still too speculative” for him. He added that it will take “an awfully long time” for Bitcoin to become a functional currency, but he has also “learned over time never to say never”.
▶ The Decentralized Finance (DeFi) Foundation Gateway, MetaMask, announced a strategic partnership with the custodian banks BitGo, Qredo and Cactus Custody. They say that each of these strategic partnerships meet the diverse needs of organizations ranging from small crypto startups to decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs) to crypto funds.
▶ The financial services provider for digital assets, Swiss Arab Bank, announced that they have chosen Tezos (XTZ) for their online digital financial products. The bank introduced institutional storage, staking and trading services for XTZ.
▶ The American cinema chain AMC Theaters has announced that it will now accept Dogecoin (DOGE) as a payment option for its digital gift cards in addition to other selected cryptocurrencies. They added that customers can purchase gift cards worth up to $ 200 per day through their website, mobile app, and in theaters using the BitPay wallet.
▶ The Liquid Network went through a hard fork and is now fully functional after a problem occurred that delayed the planned fork for a while, announced Blockstream. They added that the patch released to fix the problem took around 22 hours to complete.
▶ The financial service provider Tangany has received a license to perform crypto custody transactions from the Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin) as the third regulated provider for the custody of digital assets in Germany. In the future, the company also wants to apply for further licenses in Germany and Europe.
▶ The Ethereum-based decentralized blogging protocol (ETH) Mirror has opened its doors to everyone, not just those who get enough votes in Mirror’s weekly WRITE race. The protocol allows users to log into and “log in” to posts with an Ethereum wallet, and it also uses the Arweave blockchain-based storage protocol for “permanent” backups of posts and increased resistance.
Cryptocurrency Market Highlights Over the Last 24 Hours: Investment News
- Cryptocurrency marketplace Easy Crypto received NZD 17 million ($ 11.7 million) from a number of investors in an oversubscribed offer, according to RNZ. The team says the funds gave them the strength to expand their product offerings and establish themselves in new markets including the Philippines and Indonesia.
- Asset management company Arca has announced the launch of its first risk-based fund, the Arca Endeavor Fund, which will focus on investing in innovative founders across different segments of the digital asset ecosystem. The fund was oversubscribed above the $ 30 million mark and made some initial investments.
- Globant, a native digital technology service company, has taken over Atix Labs, a service company specializing in blockchain. Founded in Argentina in 2013 and with offices in the United States, Argentina and Uruguay, Atix Labs is a “solid project pipeline” of 500 Fortune customers who are industry leaders worldwide.
Cryptocurrency Market Highlights Over the Last 24 Hours: Stock Market News
– Binance has registered 3 more companies in Ireland in the past 10 days, according to the Independent. The companies – Binance (APAC) Holdings, Binance (Services) Holdings, and Binance Technologies – were all incorporated on September 27 and have Changpeng Zhao listed as a director.
– The team announced that the Swarm Markets (DEX) decentralized exchange is now open to the public. Swarm Markets works under an official license from BaFin in Germany and both private and institutional investors can trade cryptocurrencies as well as securities on the platform.
– Börse Deutsche Börse is planning to introduce a fully regulated digital post-trading platform called D7, which is anchored in the recently introduced German Securities Act and enables market participants to digitize their financial products. From mid-2022, more than 80% of German securities are to be digitized via D7.
Join our Facebook group and Telegram group Coincu News to chat with more than 10,000 other people and exchange information about the crypto currency market.
Important NOTE: All content on the website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice. Your money, the choice is yours.