In recent times, an ecosystem called Aptos is making impressive strides and is growing constantly.
To help you learn about the Aptos ecosystem, in this article, I will go through this ecosystem with you and answer the following questions:
- What arrays are there on Aptos?
- What stage is the Aptos ecosystem at?
- Aptos has no mainnet and is expected to be mainnet in Q3 2022.
- The pieces on Aptos are quite complete, but the completion is not high because most of the projects are in the development stage because Aptos has not yet mainnet.
- Aptos raised $350 million in the last 6 months from many of the major funds in the market.
- More monitoring is needed when the mainnet takes place in Q3 2022 to find profit opportunities.
Aptos is a new layer-1 blockchain project that focuses on providing the most secure and available blockchain to a large number of users worldwide. Aptos promises to become a layer-1 blockchain surpassing its two seniors, Ethereum and Solana, with a strong development team that has served for big projects like Diem and Novi.
Currently, Aptos has not launched a token, and there is no document about the project’s token. Aptos has not released the mainnet yet, so there are no mainnet parameters of this blockchain.
Distinctive features of the Aptos blockchain compared to another layer-1s include:
- The Move programming language: Aptos’ programming language is a central focus of the project, designed for secure management of resources, and for easy verification of commands on the blockchain.
- Low latency Byzantine Fault Tolerant (BFT) mechanism: Team Aptos focused for a long time to supplement their BFT mechanism, ensuring the safety of the network even though nodes are manipulated and behaving network attack.
- Ability to change the private key to increase the level of security for users.
- High TPS: In laboratory conditions, if you ignore many factors about storage, consensus mechanism, network,… TPS of Aptos can be up to 125,000 – 160,000 transactions per second.
- Network Upgradability: Team Aptos believes that in order to adapt to the rapidly changing market, the network must have excellent upgradability. Therefore, they created Aptos with the ability to upgrade the network without downtime to accommodate continuous network upgrades in the future.
- Validators have the ability to run diverse nodes: Validators can choose to run nodes at many different levels, with the simplest node running level reduced so that validators only need to meet the basic requirements, from there can rapidly increase the number of validators.
Investors And Partners
Currently, Aptos has gone through many rounds of funding, invested by many large investment funds.
On July 25, 2022, Aptos announced receiving a $150 million Series A investment from major funds including FTX Ventures, Jump Crypto, Apollo, Griffin Gaming Partners, Franklin Templeton, Circle Ventures, Superscript, and 2 investors from a private round (a16z crypto and Multicoin).
The first investment round of Aptos was on March 15, 2022, with 200 million invested from a16z, Tiger Global, Katie Haun, Multicoin Capital, Three Arrows Capital, FTX Ventures and Coinbase Ventures.
Currently, Aptos has just announced a single partner, Google Cloud, which they use to store data to make it easier for validators to run the node (it only takes 15 minutes for a node to be installed and startup).
Development Process And Roadmap
Aptos has had a long development, but public events have only appeared since the beginning of 2022 so far:
- Quarter 1 2022 (March 15) – Testnet for developers: Improve the Move programming language to be more developer-friendly, creating conditions for developers.
- April 21, 2022: Using Google Cloud as a data storage application makes running nodes easier. However, this affects the decentralization of the blockchain when Aptos decides to use Google’s services.
- Q2 2022 – Incentivized testnet launch: The first time the testnet is public for the community to use and run node.
- Q3 2022 – Mainnet public: This will be the next big milestone for Aptos. After successfully raising $350 million, the Aptos mainnet event is highly anticipated by the community.
- Q4 2022 – Q1 2023: Aptos continues to grow its network with new updates.
ANALYSIS OF THE APTOS ECOSYSTEM
An overview of the puzzle pieces on Aptos will be introduced and analyzed in the following section, according to the categories in the ecosystem. Information is collected through skinning the Aptos system on the project’s social networking sites (July 28, 2022). Although the project has not yet launched the mainnet, there are many projects ready to launch on Aptos when the network goes live.
Projects working on DEX on the Aptos ecosystem include:
- Pontem: The project is invested by Delphi, Alameda, Mechanism, Animoca Brands, Aptos Labs and many others, with a round worth of $4.5 million. The project is in testnet stage and has a total of 75,000 testers at the moment.
- Laminar, Econia, Empo, Hanson: The DEXs on Aptos has not been announced much. The project is in development. In which the majority of DEXs operate under the AMM mechanism, except for Econia which operates under the order book mechanism.
- In addition, there is a project working on the trading aggregator Hippo – helping users to trade on a single interface and achieve the best trade price.
⇒ Comment: The AMM DEX array is the first segment to be completed in any ecosystem to prepare the future foundation for other segments. The Aptos system is in the early stages of perfecting the DEX array, and in the early stages of developing the largest players.
Currently, the biggest player is Pontem and the rest of the projects are in the devnet stage, it is likely that they will soon open liquidity mining programs as well as other programs to attract liquidity in the near future.
Users can participate in product use programs, airdrop programs or liquidity mining to make profits for themselves!
Lending & Borrowing
Lending & Borrowing projects on the Aptos ecosystem include:
- Vial: Currently the project has launched devnet, users can try the project’s products.
- Njord Finance: The project does not have much information, but is supported by Twitter of Aptos Labs.
- Ultima: Lending project won 3rd prize Aptos hackathon 2022. The project is under development.
Currently, there are three lending projects in development on Aptos and one project is in devnet period, users can participate and beta experiences the project product.
In the next section we will analyze other pieces of the puzzle and my projections of the Aptos Ecosystem.
If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or ideas about the project, please email [email protected].
DISCLAIMER: The Information on this website is provided as general market commentary and does not constitute investment advice. We encourage you to do your research before investing.
Join CoinCu Telegram to keep track of news: https://t.me/coincunews
Follow CoinCu Youtube Channel | Follow CoinCu Facebook page