Pancakeswap is one of Uniswap’s most successful FORK on the BNB chain. This article will analyze Pancakeswap’s business strategy from 2021 to present. From there, the question can be answered whether the current time should invest in the project or not.
One of the earliest AMMs on BSC, Pancakeswap was introduced just a few days after the Binance Smart Chain Mainnet.
The project’s first output is AMM , a FORK of Uniswap V2. However, compared to Uniswap, Pancakeswap’s transaction time and cost are incredibly low because of the BSC platform, which has enabled Pancake to draw in a sizable number of tiny, low-capital investors.
In addition to AMM, the project has created additional products throughout time to expand its platform, including Syrup Pools, IFO, Lottery, Team Battle, etc. All of these are extremely popular and draw in substantial sums of investors.
Pancake swap from 1 AMM FORK to AMM with TVL and Volume for the highest trade today has evolved gradually. What therefore accounts for Pancakeswap’s success? What is the plan for the project?
Below the article, I will analysis Pancakeswap’s business plan.
Outstanding events of Pancakeswap in 2021-2022
- 2/2021 started deploying the Launch IFO feature and helped TVL Pancake increase suddenly.
- 4/2021 TVL of Pancakeswap reaches $ 8B and has more than 100 pools, only Cake/BNB Pool has TVL $1.1B.
- 4/2021 Farming products on Pancswap V1 upgraded to V2 version, with Auto-Compounding function.
- 8/2021 Pancakeswap launched its first NFT Marketplace, with NFT called Pancake Squad.
- 12/2021 Pancake organizes the Binance Fan Token contest with a prize of up to $ 120,000.
- 1/2022 IFO launched the IFO version 3.1.
- 6/2022 Launching CAKE Prediction Market, Fully Automated by Chainlink Keepers
Business strategy of Pancake
Pancakeswap’s strategy focuses mainly on products built on the project. Pancakeswap products include: Farming, IFO, Syrul Pool, Pancake NFT Marketplace, Lottery, Prediction, and Team Battle all focused on increasing the demand for $CAKE and reducing $CAKE on the market.
- Farming is a very popular mechanism for most projects to attract LPER to the project.
- IFO (Initial Farm Offering) is a mechanism for users to buy new tokens through Yield Farming.
- Syrul Pool, users will stake $ cake into any pool to get that pool token.
- NFT Marketplace is the place where users trade and mint the Pancakeswap nft. Fees from activities on NFT Marketplace will be used to buy $CAKE and burn away.
- Lottery feature is a form of the lottery on Pancake. 80% $CAKE in Reward Pool will be rewarded and 20% will be burned.
- Prediction is a predictable market on Pancake. 3% of the amount used to bet will be transferred to Treasury, then used to buyback and Burn $CAKE.
- Team Battle is a very special mechanism, allowing traders to participate in a trading competition on Pancake to divide the profit of $200,000 CAKE winning teams.
- Every month there will be a proposal to be put up for Voting to change the number of $CAKE to Mint every day, by the governor’s administrative community.
All activities on Pancakeswap products have created a round for $ cake, with farm and battle, which attracts both important subjects to the project, namely traders and LPers by encouraging $ cake to come to. 2 subjects.
Then other activities such as IFO, Lottery, and Prediction increase the need to buy $CAKE and return to the project. A number of dollars from these activities will be burned to reduce the supply, helping to increase the value of $CAKE.
The price of $CAKE increased sharply 82 times since the beginning of 2021. However, after developing to a certain extent, the cash flow is slowly drawn from the BSC ecosystem as well as Pancake. The decline in May 2021 pulled both TVL and the price of $CAKE decreased.
Summarizing the business strategy from 2021-2022 of Pancakeswap, I draw a few ideas as follows.
- Pancakeswap has been very successful with its $CAKE supply control strategy.
- Products on Pancakeswap all focus on usecase of $CAKE
However, these strategies are only effective during the uptrend period. When farming profits are still attractive, IFO brings big profits to users. Users need to hold $CAKE to participate.
- From the beginning of 2021 until now, Pancake does not have any outstanding strategies, so it is not possible to attract users back.
After reading the business strategy analysis of Pancakeswap, surely you also have your own conclusion? Is it worth investing in $CAKE at the moment?
If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or ideas about the project, please email [email protected].
DISCLAIMER: The Information on this website is provided as general market commentary, and does not constitute investment advice. We encourage you to do your own research before investing.